Tutorial #29: Checking Recognition History
This video shows you how to check Recognition History in Dragon Veterinary, a useful tool for seeing if and how commands are being recognized and much more
DRAGON QUICK GUIDE
Using and Navigating Recognition History
Sometimes, although very rarely, Dragon just won’t seem to be recognizing what you’re saying, whether its text or commands. Checking to see if your commands have been said incorrectly can easily be done using the Recognition History window. It can also provide insights into whether your microphone is working properly or not.
- Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, if it isn't already open, by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition," and then pressing enter
- Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or, if you have only one profile, wait for Dragon to load your profile
- Click "Tools" on the Dragon Bar
- Navigate to and click on "Recognition History"
- If you see any entries that look like "<???>" that means dragon heard you say something into your microphone but didn't quite recognize what you were trying to say
- You may also think you have said a command and it is simply typing the text you said. Check under the second column to see if you see an “X” indicating it was a command. If there is no “X”, check the name of your command again, if it is an “X” but still not working please contact us
- When you are done viewing the recognition history, click on "Close" to close the window