Tutorial #10: Adding Words to Dragon Veterinary
This tutorial goes over how to add words to Dragon Veterinary, a task primarily necessary for names, as well as some new drugs that have not yet been updated in the vocabulary
DRAGON QUICK GUIDE
Adding Words to the Vocabulary
Even though Dragon Veterinary comes with hundreds of thousands of built in words, from time to time you will find words need to be added. The most common examples are names and drugs need to be added. The following guide will help you to add words.
- Launch Dragon Medical Practice Edition 2, if it isn't already open, by double clicking the desktop icon, clicking the icon on the taskbar if present, or by simply opening the start menu in windows and typing in "Dragon Medical Practice Edition," and then pressing enter
- Once Dragon opens, either select a profile to load or, if you have only one profile, wait for Dragon to load your profile
- Once Dragon has finished loading, navigate to and click on "Vocabulary" on the Dragon Bar
- From there, scroll down the list until you see the option "Vocabulary Editor" and then click on it
- Once the vocabulary editor is open, type the word into the "Written As" box. Once typed, simply click on the "Add" button on the lower right side of the vocabulary manager
- Once added, it is suggested that you locate/click on the recently added word and then click "Train" on the lower right hand side of the vocabulary manager
- Once the Train window is open, click on "Go" and then speak the word you just added into the mic. Repeat this step 3-5 times and then click "Done"